2017-18 W. Golf Statistics
2017-18 W. Golf Record Book
LIVE STATS / Cardinal Classic
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – The Bowling Green State University women's golf program continues its fall schedule at the Cardinal Classic next week. The tournament will take place over Sept. 18-19, and will be staged at The Players Club in Yorktown, Indiana. The event, which will be hosted by Ball State University, is the second of six tournaments that the Falcons will compete in over the fall portion of the schedule.
THE FALCONS AT THE CARDINAL CLASSIC
* The tournament will begin with 36 holes (two rounds) on Monday, Sept. 18, followed by the final 18 holes on Tuesday, Sept. 19. Monday will start with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, while Tuesday will begin with a 9 p.m. shotgun start.
* BGSU has competed in the Cardinal Classic in each of the past three seasons.
* Bowling Green's best finish at the Cardinal Classic came in 2014-15, when the Falcons shot a 607 and finished in third.
* The Cardinal Classic, including Bowling Green, will have a total of 20 teams competing. The field also includes MAC foes Ball State (hosts), Akron, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan and Toledo.
* The 20-team field includes: Ball State, Akron, Bowling Green, Austin Peay State, Bradley, Central Michigan, Cleveland State, Dayton, Drake, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indiana State, Indianapolis, Northern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, Southern Illinois, Toledo, Western Illinois, Western Michigan and Indiana (individuals).
LAST WEEK AT THE REDBIRD INVITATIONAL
* BGSU finished fourth out of 12 teams at last week's Redbird Invitational in Normal, Indiana.
* The Falcons carded a team score of 921 (306, 311, 304, +57) during the 54-hole event.
* Bowling Green's three-round score of 921 ranks tied for eighth all-time in program history.
* The Falcons led the event with 32 birdies.
* All five Falcons finished inside of the top 45.
1. JR | Erin Fahey
2. FR | Nichole Cox
3. JR | Sarah Kern
4. JR | Julia Durkin
5. FR | Sammi Blackburn
MORE ON THE BGSU STARTING FIVE
* Fahey finished in third place last week at the Cardinal classic, recording the fourth top-five finish of her career, and the third top-three finish of her career.
* Her total score of 221 (75, 71, 75, +5) for the event ranks tied for third best in school history for a 54-hole tournament.
* Fahey's second-round 71 last weekend was the best 18-hole score of her career.
* Fahey's 76.85 career scoring average currently ranks first in program history.
* The junior will be competing in her 24th event.
* Cox made her collegiate debut at last week's Redbird Invitational, and finished tied for sixth by carding a 225 (80, 75, 70, +9).
* Cox's round-three 70 is tied for the fourth best round ever in school history. There have only been three scores in program history better than Cox's 70.
* Her total score of 225 at the Redbird Invitational ranks tied for ninth in BGSU women's golf history.
* After posting two birdies in each of the first two rounds, Cox carded four birdies in round three.
* Kern shot a 239 (79, 83, 77, +23) to finish tied for 35th at the Redbird Invitational.
* Her score of 239 tied her personal best for a 54-hole tournament.
* By finishing tied for 35th, she recorded her best 54-hole finish. It was her second-highest finish in any tournament.
* Kern will be competing in the 12th tournament of her collegiate career.
* Durkin enters the lineup for the Cardinal Classic, making her first appearance of the 2016-17 season.
* This year's Cardinal Classic will mark Durkin's ninth-career appearance. She competed in seven events last season, and one event during her freshman campaign.
* Durkin has an 18-hole low of 77, which she shot in the first round of last year's Spring Break Shootout.
* The Cardinal Classic will be the fourth time that Durkin has competed in a three-round tournament.
* Blackburn made her collegiate debut at last week's Redbird Invitational, and shot a 242 (78, 82, 82, +26) to finish tied for 43rd.
* Blackburn opened the tournament with a round-one 78, which was the third best score of the round for the Orange and Brown.
* In that opening round for Blackburn, she scored three birdies, which was second only to Erin Fahey
for the Falcons across the first 18 holes.
* She averaged an 80.66 at the Redbird Invitational.
FOLLOW THE FALCONS
* Scoring for the Cardinal Classic will be posted to GolfStat.com (Link Above).
* Fans can also follow the Falcons throughout the season on Twitter at @BGWomensGolf / @BGAthletics. The team will also be running its own Snapchat at points during the season at @BGSU_Golf.
* BGSU will be in Lansing, Michigan next week (Sept. 23-24) competing at the Mary Fossum Invitational.
* The tournament is hosted by Michigan State, and will be staged at Forrest Lakes West